Straight up & Dirty

Monday, August 21, 2006

Full of Piss & Vinegar

Hello friends,
Today I write you from the comfort of my robe in my sweltering loft due to a faulty air conditioner.
I began my morning with a letter to my useless and incompetent movers:

Dear 2 Amigos,
I write to you today after having slept on my "repaired" bed for 2
nights. It is uncomfortable, sagging and most importantly not in
the condition that your company picked it up in.
My back and neck are sore and it is unacceptable in the condition
that you delivered it to me in, not to mention the hassles
associated with not sleeping in my new place.

Your company has insurance for these losses. You have
appropriately dealt with the other losses (ie. coffee table, dining
room table) I hope! but not for the bed, which was $799 prior to
GST. I expect that you replace that bed for it's entire value. It was
purchased at Home Evolution in Calgary and is made by Elite
Furniture - silver frame platform bed with frosted glass headboard.
Their phone number is: 403 253 5552 although it is not in stock
any more.

I feel that over the last 2 weeks I have been more than patient
under these circumstances. You have made ridiculous suggestions
(ie. plywood, lumber yard) and I have complied and evidently
wasted my time and your money.

I am going out of town tomorrow and will be returning to work on
August 28th at 8 am. This means that I will no longer be able to
deal with this bullshit and time consuming running around. I will
choose a new bed and your company will cover the costs. I will
send all of the receipts to your office of supplies and gas that I
have purchased and will be reimbursed.

I look forward to being in touch,

naomi

How's that for feisty?! I will spend the rest of my day online dating and shopping online for replacement furniture.

Happy Monday!

naomi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have used some more legalese - ie. Govern yourself accordingly.

I do like the use of "bullshit" - very professional!

M

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home