Straight up & Dirty

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Concrete Construction

Note to self: Free wireless internet from buddy boy's linksys router doesn't penetrate these walls. Alas, I'm on the lazyboy with the mac on my lap, having a real Carrie Bradshaw moment with a cigarette in one hand. I'd go for the glass of wine in the other, but we drank plenty of Savignon Blanc and Pinot Grigio at dinner. A thank you feast for us friends who did the move and shlepped when the going got tough. It has all worked out in the end and a lovely pasta with fresh basil, a goat cheese appetizer, and pomegranate seeds to go around was served.
I got the call. The cleansing call. The ex wanted to hang out and we chatted. Actually we yammered about old friends and new friends, work and our love lives. I'm pretty sure he just wanted to show off his new toys at the new loft. Oh, we also cackled. Although he claims he won't forgive me, I'm glad he has awarded me with a tabula rasa. I confessed that I feel cursed, and that I don't blame him for his dissapointment in me and although it'll never be the same, we've gotta stay in touch. Time will tell.
En route to the rendevouz, I got a phone call from Ivan. A South African pediatric surgery resident with whom I've shopped for on http://www.jdate.com. We chatted briefly and we'll see each other some time this week. Seems to be nice enough, maybe a little straight edge, but seriously, who doesn't like a docta?
PS-The air conditioner still doesn't work properly and I'm getting furniture on September 9th. I'll believe it when I see it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you survived the reunion. Thanks for coming for dinner -- the wine is keeping me up.

xo n

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home