Straight up & Dirty

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Count it!

25 minutes from start to finish!

The shortest date in my history. I arrived early, as I always insist for blind dates to get the better seat with the full view and some warning of his arrival. The gelati was delicious, but the chemistry blew. Actually, the attraction wasn't there for me. He's brilliant, almost rainman like while trying to calculate the fastest route to work for me. Works like a dog (even though dogs never really work), and travels loads for conferences and enrichment. SO not my cup of tea.

Just before I left the house this evening with my recycling in hand, I thought about what would instantly turn me off from a guy. I contemplated, weighed out my options and decided that it would have to be how a guy carries himself. I mean the way he walks, does he strut?, does he saunter?, is he a toe walker, is he pigeon toed?, does he appear confident or is it more like a garage sale? I go with the latter. This guy had a limp. Like a polio limp. I couldn't get past it. I wasn't cruel or a bitch. I did learn a lot about his life. We chatted, I downed my gelati and I got into my car and into my robe. In bed by 10pm!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ...

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zzzzzz! Too bad...

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home