Straight up & Dirty

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Grind.

Back to it and I feel fine. They're rowdy, total characters and I love them already. I overheard students in grade 6 talking about how they recognized me from grade 2 when I taught them their Nations Around the World Unit as a student teacher. They reminisced about how I brought foods and music from around the world and how fun it was. I was touched. It made my week. Actually, it confirmed to me why I went back to this profession. It's my calling. The teachable moments, the rapport with students and parents the knack for this sorta thing. I feel challenged and energized again!
Let's see how long this optimism for a great year lasts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nai, I'm so glad you had a good day. I hope it keeps up this way!

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home