Straight up & Dirty

Friday, November 17, 2006

Autumn evenings like these

It's been that sort of day when it's been raining for 2 days and the temp has dropped drastically. I had to crank the heat up and was really shivering. No, it's not from the flu shot, it's just bloody cold. My students were also making me mental this afternoon after 2 days of indoor recess. Baruch Hashem that the rain stopped, but poor B.C. My word?!

It's a messy ponytail, sushi dinner, under the fleece cover, night. It's a laying in the dark and turning the ringer on low kinda night. It's a repeat of last night's Gray's Anatomy (which I watched) and 20/20 kinda night. I am watching THE most interesting feature on the tourism industry in Dubai. In the desert - indoor downhill ski structures, waterparks, revolving beds. INSANE. Run by the sheikh the workers live in labour camps and are paid $1 per day. What the eff?! 12 hour shifts, no unions allowed and strikes are illegal. This is slavery and I think I'll parallel it into my Chumash lesson on Monday. Oh, I nixed the Master's idea for the time being. Next is a Barbara Walters special about her best 30 blunders in 30 years. I never understood how a woman with a speech impediment could be an investigative journalist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home