Straight up & Dirty

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

An eventful few days

So I haven't written lately because I've been contemplating how to approach what occurred on Sunday afternoon.
I went on a date with this dude from lavalife. We went for breakfast, picked up coffee and bagels and he offered me a piece of a muffin. I mentioned that it had nuts on it so I should stay away from it because I could get cold sores. He freaked out. We were in the car and he freaked out. I dropped him off on the street corner, shocked and amazed. That evening, I got this e-mail:

Dear Naomi:

Sorry about what happened today, however, I can't date girls who get cold sores and have herpes simplex virus 1 (even though 80% of the population has some form of the virus).

I think you're a great girl and that you will find someone who makes you happy.

Take care of yourself.

It was nice meeting you. Good luck meeting the love of your life.

I responded with, "Good luck with the other 20%". Very strange indeed. I'm still in shock, really.

Since then it's been work, work, work. I fought with Rogers cable that $100.00 for an Internet connection fee is ridiculous and that I won't pay it. It's been waived. I also yelled at OHIP because the fact that I have had to wait for 3 months for health care is asinine and he then told me that it would be another 30 days for the machine to produce the card. Why the f didn't they tell me it would actually take 4 months?! I also feel like I have symptoms of the plague. Very sore throat, chills, exhausted. I tried to sweat it out at hockey on Monday, which felt good, but last night it emerged before bed. I'm popping cold fx and drinking lots of water and sleeping a ton. I hope to be in bed by 9 pm tonight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You appear to be the queen of bad dates :) I give you credit for keeping at it. Eventually it will pay off, and until then you have some great stories!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home