Straight up & Dirty

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Another Habit

So I've been having the craving to blog for a couple of days now but my free wireless network is no longer at my disposal. So, this entry is in fact a transcript from my notebook that I wrote in while in bed. Luckily I have enough light coming in from the practically lit by a Kenny Roger's Roasters sign that I like to call Dupont @ Landsdowne.
Of late there has been a domestic dispute at Coffee Time, some serious police presence. You know, the usual. With no wireless internet network for online dating and perusing, I resorted to a pencil and paper blog post. There is something to be said about the old-fashioned method. I wonder if snail mail, handwritten cards and jot notes will one day become obsolete. I digress.

Hockey is my new form of fitness. It's only once a week, but it's a start, right? A team of 11 men and 3 women who knows the rules, enjoy the game but are by no means fit or fabulous. I was sweating balls, cheered when we scored and had loads of fun. Tomorrow, I present my shpeil to my students' parents and work the crowds. Hence the fact that I'm in bed by 9:30 but my forearm is really starting to ache. I really need to put a call into Rogers. Or should I go with Bell? Either way I really gotta get hooked up STAT.

****THIS JUST IN****
Much to my chagrin, I can't go to sleep this early. In fact, I was CONVINCED there was a thug in the loft and I was going to get hit with the ricochet from a Coffee Time bullet while I went to check if I had any uninvited guests. Who would find me? Would I be wounded or fatally injured? So, I held my nail clippers in a fist and attempted to get to the cell phone (which was charging in the other room) to phone a close friend. Network busy. For 3 whole minutes. This was it. Over! My back to the wall, with weak knees, I NEEDED to get in touch. Phoned Fido to give them hell for this recurring problem from all over the city and to scold the shit out them. She took the info. Said it happens all the time. Normal. I feel safe.
Checked my mac and the wireless has kicked in again. My cell's working too. Holy drama.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate my life, and I live in Winnipeg. I guess it can't just be a Calgary thing. Yesterday I sat on the phone with someone I shouldn't have and dreamt of being on a desert island, or of moving into the Pfeff's spare bedroom and finding someone to support me. Oh daydreams - they really get you through the day sometimes!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home