Straight up & Dirty

Friday, September 08, 2006

Whoah.

So I woke up this morning only to turn on the television to my favourite station, CP 24 - news 24/7 to find out that there's been a shooting. Oy, there hasn't been a single murder in this city in a month! It occurred at a Coffee Time (a classy establishment) they mentioned the location which happens to me DIRECTLY across the street from me. I drew back the blinds to check if there was police tape. Seriously, I can see that place from all of my windows. Direct line of sight. He didn't die, he's 20 and was only shot in the back. Although I hear regular medical/fire/drug bust emergencies, I slept right through this one. Maybe I'll wear a bullet proof vest around the loft instead of my robe.
The solution, now that this area is full of new residential buildings is for some retail to move in. I'm thinking a Tim Horton's, 7-11 or even a Mac's might improve the sitch here.
I've gotten the guest room ready for Aaron and Matt, and their bathroom is fully equipped. Still low on the furniture, but a blow up mattress will do. Tomorrow is the supposed delivery of the sofa and the coffee table. I'll believe it when I see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home