Straight up & Dirty

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Assertion

Some broad asked me at work yesterday if I had been at the school forever, because I speak my mind and I walk around like I know the place. I laughed and told her I'm new but am familiar with the place, but yes I am assertive.
Speaking of being assertive I decided that it was time to harass my movers again. It's been nearly 2 months since the shitty experience and I'm still waiting for my proper bed and dining room table.
The following is the e-mail that I sent to the owner of the company:

Doug,

Do you think those fucking crooks left me with a copy of the
inventory list? When I was on the phone with you I had the list in
front of me.
I only noticed that the picture was missing once I went to hang it
up. The inventory number I think from my memory was 42 or 44? It
was labeled as a mirror. Which it was, but the mirror, wrapped in
bubble wrap was taped to the piece of art. It was ALL one inventory
number. Whichever assholes stole my other goods, obviously
covertly removed the art as they could tell it was valuable (the
antique frame alone) and left the mirror as the sole piece of
inventory. You and I had a conversation about the fact that it was a
sentimental piece and that's it's irreplaceable. I didn't address the
fact that it was missing until 3 or so weeks after the delivery when I
went to put things on the walls.
You of all people should understand that when one receives a
shipment that has been in storage for 2 months, that accounting
for each item is virtually impossible.
The bookshelf structure was delivered, but the plywood gray IKEA
shelves which they dismantled in Calgary were not accounted for
separately.
FYI, I still haven't MADE you pay me for the white IKEA bookshelf
that was delivered in several pieces.

I expect that you will pay me for EVERY penny that was spent trying
to get the value of my furniture back. It's in the $600 range and
it's not fair for me to be asking for this reimbursement weekly.
This is why I purchased insurance. So that the value of my
possessions would be safe.

As I said on your voicemail message, I don't want to get my mother
and my lawyers involved. I expect the cheque by October 20, 2006
and if not I will pursue legal action.

Naomi Pfeffer

I also threatened the developer of my building with the health department even though their response was "You need to deal with the developer and the warranty people about this matter, the City cannot assist". Awesome. I can't wait to deal with the next incompetent service worker. In other news, my dishwasher is now fixed but the technician said the builders installed the dishwasher hose incorrectly. Can't wait for that to start leaking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home