Straight up & Dirty

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Senior citizen moments

Even though I know I'm pretty full of spunk and have a zest for life, I never cease to amaze myself with my behaviours. You know, crawling into bed and calculating how many hours I have to sleep until the alarm goes off, writing letters to various companies, showering early enough in the evening to blow dry my hair, phoning 1-800 numbers when I'm not satisfied with a product, and most recently the granny cart. Ever since I have lived in a dorm/apartment/condo or loft (the past 6 years) I have observed the value of the granny cart. In Toronto, one cannot drive their shopping cart to their vehicle. Whether it's because many people commute, or there are thieves who want to own the cart I will never know. This evening I did a serious Wal-Mart shop. That establishment is always a zoo and is home to the most sketchy and freakish of people. I purchased many canned goods, bottles of pop and juice and just couldn't do it in one trip to the car. I had parked very far away, had to dump the bags which got caught on the zipper of my jacket and cursed the fact that I decided to undertake such a venture when I was so tired and annoyed with the cost of life. Don't think I was running out of toilet paper. In fact, I have 5 rolls left, but I like to prepare. I learned these techniques from my Babas. Another senior citizen tendency.
About 2 weeks ago I drove into the parkade and noticed a busted out red granny cart in my spot. Strange indeed. Tonight, she came in handy. It was stress free and I didn't cut the circulation off to my hands. Someone must be looking out for me. I picked up all of the ingredients for a dinner I'm having in 4 days to break the Yom Kippur fast. It's quite the menu I'm planning. I also intend to go to bed by 9 pm after watching Gray's Anatomy, a show that I don't REALLY watch, but enjoy the hospital and relationship drama. Speaking of relationship drama, I saw The Last Kiss last night. I wanted to go to the 6:40 show, but got convinced to go to the 9:40, because I was told that I'm not a senior and don't need to go to the early bird show. The movie was 1/2 teeny-bopper and half funny. Really, I just learned that monogamous relationships are so hard to come by and the cheating tempation, whether emotional or physical is always there. Perfect. Just what I needed to confirm my already cynical attitude towards serious relationships. Oy, a broch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home