Straight up & Dirty

Saturday, November 18, 2006

A day in the life of a lady of leisure!

This morning I awoke at 10 to watch the news and eat breakfast. It's my usual dark rye, toasted with cottage cheese topped with tomatoes and cucumbers. I actually went back into the bed, but realized that if I fell asleep, I wouldn't get anything done. So, I went to the gym, worked out without music, as I forgot the iPod and went to get some makeup and to 2 of downtown's Winner's stores. I love that store. I got a lace top for tonight, a really cute pair of lace-up moccasin boots and the purse that I've been looking for since the summer. I'm very particular about my purses. I usually am impulsive, but I have been searching. It has been a quest. It had to be dark brown with silver accents and some serious pockets for my cell phone, pens, make up bag etc. It should be leather. I found it. It was priced at $59.99. My limit on purses is usually $30.00, but I contemplated and looked through every brown purse there was. I even thought for a moment that I could go with the dark green one that was priced at $29.99. I went with the brown one.
On my way home, I walked into a little hair salon to get my hair cut. I haven't cut it since May and it was time. My future sister-in-law usually cuts my hair, and I haven't found a hair stylist here. A lovely young Serbian woman cut my hair and straightened it. All for $17.00. She did a good job and if I average what I spent on the purse and the cut, it's a helluva deal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home