Straight up & Dirty

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My week so far.

So I watched a news serial last night on why we're miserable on Mondays. Could it be the fact that we are back into the grind of work? The fact that we had a horrid sleep on Sunday night? or is it the fact that we partied too hard on the weekend that we're having drinker's remorse?! I believe it's a little of all of the above. I was vile yesterday. Just a bitch. I did work out and play hockey, which felt good. As I've said before I'm a fan of sweating it out. A skinny friend of mine once told me that I'd have more energy after I started working out. Maybe she's right. I really played well last night. Alas, no points on the season.

Today was much better. I worked (Tuesday's my easy day), went to the gym and laughed about a couple of things:
1) Why does that bloody rotating stair climber count how many goddamn floors I've climbed!? It should tell me how much HARDER I have to work out to burn off the Big Xtra I got from McDonald's when I was hungover on Sunday.
2) Personal trainers should not compare the size of their biceps. They look more like meatheads than they already do. (ps- there is the cutest trainer at my gym. He's not a meathead)
3) How long would I have to sit in the sauna to burn off 500 calories?

I had to pick up my camera which I forgot at a friend's place on Saturday along with my dignity, came home and cooked. It's the first time I've cooked for myself since I moved in. Seriously. I remember why I hate cooking for one. The prep to make a simple pasta sauce and salad is ridiculous. The clean up is even more abhorrent and with a celery stick here, a couple noodles there, I'm not really interested in the overly spiced dish. I'll evidently be freezing at least half of it because I can barely feel my lips, it's so spicy. I wonder how to de-spice something......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

add sugar. that sometimes helps. miss you babe! call me when you get a chance!

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home