Straight up & Dirty

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Oh, the indulging.


When Mom comes to town it really is a blast. We shopped, drank wine, went to a jazz club with friends, ate and cackled. We really are best of friends.
So a few events occurred, that are blog-worthy:
1) Friday was spent at the One of a Kind Christmas Craft Show. I bought myself a piece of art made entirely of fibres, and it is stunning. It's handmade, Canadian and it even features a glowing light. I love it! You'll see it above.
I also bought overpriced sunflower seeds and Greek salad dressing. Mom bought me very cool wrap denim pants. That show is really quite unreal. More than 600 vendors, all with unique things. We bought my brother a pepper mill made from a hollowed out tree branch and Mom of course, needed another insect. It is gorgeous.
2) Friday evening we danced, ate, drank and listened to live jazz. It was a seriously good time. When the bill came, it was noticed that an automatic 15% gratuity was added. This was noticed after I tipped the server. In my most assertive voice I asked why this was done and the dude was like, "uh, um, let me get the manager". She mentioned that it's common for parties of 6 or more, and yes, he should have made us aware of this practice. I informed her that we were in fact a party of 4 and were always a party of 4. I was pissed off that I even tipped the guy who, "uh, um" didn't know why the grat was added. I hate being taken advantage of.
3) My brother won bronze and sister won silver at a local Judo tournament. Go them!
4) While on one of our Winners trips this weekend, I spotted a pair of Uggs in my size. Now, I had already bought a pair of Uggs that were samples last week, but wasn't 100% content with them as they had already stretched and the beige colour wasn't EXACTLY what I was looking for. These ones are higher, most stable, dark green and have a very cool accent pocket with buckle on them. SO happy and we saw them today for $275. We paid $119. I love Winners. You should go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home