Straight up & Dirty

Monday, December 04, 2006

It's been a while

I had a very busy week last week with the parent teacher conferences which really is a good time for teachers. We get to realize where these children come from and that as one of the parents said, "the apple doesn't fall far from this tree". Friday was a ridonculous professional development day and it was important that on Friday evening, we drank!
We played the most hysterical drinking games. We had to follow rules like not showing your teeth, or not laughing or else we HAD to play DRINKO to drink a surprise shot of either wine, diet coke, beer, coolers or water. Hysterical. Had a sleepover, went to the gym and had a delicious brunch in comfy leather chairs.
Saturday night I went to the BEST house party ever. 3 bars, awesome music, once we took over d.j.ing and we partied hard. We made a pit stop in our old 'hood to get some food. I was ravenous and they were closed. After knocking on the door, the Lebanese fellow opened the door and committed to making me a chicken Greek salad. It would take 20 minutes and being so hungry I asked for an appetizer of tzatziki and grilled pita. Passed out and had my second sleepover of the weekend.
Sunday morning I went to the gym which was shocking and took a nap prior to my date. I met up with this very nice guy. He's attractive, highly intelligent, sarcastic, and VERY successful, but he may be just a bit too conservative for me. We'll see. The conversation flowed well, we have a lot in common and I'd be interested in a second date. Time will tell. We mentioned something about later this week.
My students are making me insane. It's the season, the change of weather, the pending vacation and Chanukah. They are off of the walls!
We played hockey tonight at 10:10 and we got nailed 11-1. The beauty of my league is that they stop counting after there's a 5 point spread. I was also flirting with a dude on the other team. He kept letting me win the face-offs. Oh, me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home