Straight up & Dirty

Friday, January 19, 2007

Holy hell!

I like to consider myself a relatively calm person. I mean I'm dramatic when I tell stories and anecdotes, but I'm a pretty chill person. Whether it's because I'm off the herb or because I'm just a class A biyatch, today, I lost it at work.

I told the head of my school (read: principal) that the politics and the inner workings of our workplace is a fuckin' joke. I actually used the words, "fucking joke". One admin says this, the other says, "he's out to lunch on this one". As one colleague put it, "it's a pissing contest amongst them." Besides the fact that there are SUCH issues, they are close to incompetent when something needs to get done. So, I gave them a piece of my mind. The assertion is what I'm most proud of. It's not like I can be proud of anything changing, it ain't gonna happen. Some might say, "Leave it alone. Don't work yourself up", but when it's the environment that I spend 40 hours of her week in, I needed to say something. I was tactful, minus the f-bomb, but obscenities are sometimes the only words that get a reaction or a response.

I have a cold. It's of the runny nose and congestion variety, but I'm going to fight it with some Karaoke and alcohol. I sometimes make REALLY smart decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home