Straight up & Dirty

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

These are the days of my life.

"....and on the 10th day, there was heat!" I am now toasty after demanding that the heat issue be rectified. Speaking of rectified, I'd like to rectally injure some people in my world with a jagged rock. They are:

1. The asshole(s) that continue to key my car
2. My fellow employees who slack and hand off their work to others
3. My superiors at work who preach and are incompetent at their cushy jobs

I've been off the carbs (bread, pasta, rice, crackers, cereal) and cheese (except feta) for 10 days and I have mixed feelings. Breakfast is tricky, and living like this is even trickier for a broad who loves toast and cheese or toast and everything or cheese and everything. Who knew that I ate SO badly? I've also quit my abuse of nicotene, the herb and alcohol since I returned from Mexico. Really, I am a new woman. It's pretty hilarious, actually. My chest doesn't hurt, I've got more energy and I do feel better. I still hate the gym and I'm not NEARLY as fun or funny as I used to be.

Last night I was chatting with a girlfriend of mine and we decided that we will likely be single for life. Not single forever, but NEVER find our lifelong mate. Are we too picky? Are we hideous? Are we just difficult to be around? No, no and NO! We are independent, self-reliant and confident women that have a checklist. A particular checklist that we won't compromise on. I'll compromise on the dude's name, his height and EVEN his ability to spell properly, but there are just some characteristics that I need to be present for him to even get a first date with me. I've been screening this one guy over the past couple of weeks and he has passed my test. Tomorrow, we're hanging out. I wouldn't even call it a date, it's way too much pressure and there's NO need to be formal. I'm never formal unless I'm at a wedding, so why pretend?! I'll let you know what occurs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think paragraph one logically follows paragraph two - I think your giving up all of the things you love in one shot may be leading to you wanting to rectally injure people. Try moderation before someone gets hurt :)

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home