Straight up & Dirty

Monday, December 11, 2006

It's go, go, go, CRASH.

So, since we spoke last I have accomplished very little but did have a great night last night. After doing a serious deep clean of the loft, including the tubs and the toilets I met up with friends for dinner and drinks. Ironically, we went to the same place that I had been on Friday night. We had a few pre drinks at a friend's apartment then to da club.
It became packed and they were playing some pretty good music so naturally I was givin' 'er on the dance floor. We stayed until about 1:30, then I took a cab home. As per the usual, I logged onto my online "profiles" and there was a message from, the cold sore phobe. Read the post from November 13, 2006 if you don't recall this:

********
I went on a date with this dude from lavalife. We went for breakfast, picked up coffee and bagels and he offered me a piece of a muffin. I mentioned that it had nuts on it so I should stay away from it because I could get cold sores. He freaked out. We were in the car and he freaked out. I dropped him off on the street corner, shocked and amazed. That evening, I got this e-mail:

Dear Naomi:

Sorry about what happened today, however, I can't date girls who get cold sores and have herpes simplex virus 1 (even though 80% of the population has some form of the virus).

I think you're a great girl and that you will find someone who makes you happy.

Take care of yourself.

It was nice meeting you. Good luck meeting the love of your life.

I responded with, "Good luck with the other 20%". Very strange indeed. I'm still in shock, really.

*****

We chatted, I told him that he made a very poor judgment call and in fact, I hadn't had a cold sore since early in the summer after a nut and peanut butter binge. He laughed but did say, that it's something he really couldn't get over, but I guess since it had been a month, he came to his senses. I told him it was unfortunate because we could have had great times, and I felt that he was actually dateable.
At this point, it was 3:30 am and time to crash. We made plans for breakfast, and I crashed. So this morning a friend phoned and said, "just don't go for nut-filled" muffins.

Breakfast was great. A little diner near my place and fantastic conversation. He is a great conversationalist, animated and intelligent. He's a litigator, so naturally quite articulate, has lived all over the country and I really think he's good times. He had to get some work done, so I dropped him off at work and went to my favourite Polish bakery and deli and my favourite Korean fruit and vegetable market for my Toronto-style grocery shop. Did some laundry, chilled out and took a nap which JUST ended 30 minutes ago. I slept for 8 hours. Oy, vey!

Maybe this week I'll cook a meal for my new prospect. I'll be sure to lure him in with my Fussili with chicken in a white wine basil sauce.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay Nai! I love your life! Following it online really fits in with my schedule too :)

Keep having fun!

Love ya babe!

Catherine

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home