Straight up & Dirty

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Cold pizza and diet coke for breakfast

I woke at 7:20 am this morning because I overheard a conversation outside involving two homeless people drinking coffee time coffee and smoking cigarettes, who have serious volume control problems. I couldn't fall back asleep so I read the rest of my book, "Straight Up and Dirty" (hence the title of my blog) and then became quickly obsessed with the author of the book. Stephanie Klein is the inspiration for this blog. Her book is hysterical, true to life and I want to be her buddy. Check out her blog at http://www.stephanieklein.com. You'll be addicted and all women and men who want to laugh should read it and her book.
I started the prep for my Yom Kippur dinner. I made the orzo salad, chocolate cheesecake brownies and then attempted to start the marinade for the roasted red pepper and basil salmon until I realized I actually needed a man. I rarely feel like I NEED a man. I could not for the life of me open the costco-sized jar of roasted red peppers. I tried hot water, I tried a towel but to no avail it remains sealed on the counter. Every time I pass the counter I make another attempt with all of my might. Maybe the dining room table delivery men will lend their strength. If there ever get here. They half 1/2 an hour before I call to complain.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Jar! Did you get te Jar Open?!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home