Straight up & Dirty

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sometimes, I'm irritable.

I had grand plans to shlep the bed this afternoon, but after a week of irritation and work, I was glad to find out that my credit cards didn't have liability insurance for the rental of a commercial vehicle, so I decided to scrap the manual labour. I booked a mover for tomorrow morning for $100 plus taxes, which is what I should have done to begin with.

Even though my students have been making me insane and the school has made some ridiculous decisions and I had one meltdown regarding a curriculum issue this week, something SO funny happened during a class today. We were playing Taboo with some vocabulary and then once the students got bored, we played a word game with definitions and sentences. The kids asked, "Do our Hebrew sentences have to make sense?" I responded with, "no, as long as you're using your Hebrew." Well, the word in question was "sneh" which means "bush". In the context of Moses and the burning bush. The student responded with the following, home-made sentence, "Moshe ochel sneh." Translated - Moses eats bush. I died. I laughed hysterically and couldn't contain myself. Due to my reaction, one of the students (a male) said, "Ani ochel sneh" - I eat bush. Then a female student said the same thing. I lost it. At least I can laugh it off!

Munched out on chips and cookies after the non-bed-shlep, took a nap, went for dinner and went to see Will Farrell's new movie, Stranger Than Fiction. Firstly, I was drinking a smoothie. Secondly, it is winter here. Thirdly, there was no heat in the theatre and I could NOT sit still. I was not enjoying the movie and I was itchy, agitated and unimpressed with one of my favourite actors. It got a 75% rating on www.rottentomatoes.com, which is usually a good gauge. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood and apparently it has a good message at the end. We'll see what the consensus was from the rest of the crew....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home