Straight up & Dirty

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Blogs are for losers?!


Um, so I heard on the radio this morning that there is a recent study out from the University of Calgary regarding blog writers and how they are losers. That we live in a world of delusion and we are lonely and miserable. I have been known to feel somewhat lonely and miserable, but I wouldn't classify myself in that category regularly. I think it's a bunch of shit and I feel that this blog is my forum for kvetching, bragging and otherwise yammering.

I've got dual cold sores and I'm just THRILLED as I have 2 parties this weekend. Not only is this weekend a party weekend in Toronto for the 30th and Winnipeg for my brother's gittin' er done wedding social, there is also a dignitary joining us at school this Friday. Ken Dryden, the former Stanley Cup winning goaltender and current Liberal MP in our school's riding will speak, answer questions and likely be hounded for autographs. I've learned more about Canadian politics and the Kyoto Accord in the last two days than I had known in all of my 26 years. Ugh. 26 years.

Above you'll notice a photo. It's not of a light show that I witnessed, it's a photo of the 5 alarm call that occurred at the crack building across the street. This is why I wear earplugs and an eye mask at night. There's nothing worse than waking up to those sirens at 4 am, which is usually when the junkies are all strung out. I think I'd be considered more of a loser for wearing these apparatus at night than I would be for writing a blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home